|Current Bid:||$ 17,271.00 [ibuymemo]|
|Number of Bids:||47 (Bid History)|
|Bid Increment:||$ 20.00|
|Opening Bid:||$ 1,000.00|
|Open Date:||01/05/2011 10:00 EST|
|Close Date:||01/20/2011 21:06 EST (or later)|
|Time Left:||Listing is Closed|
|Move Mouse Over Image to View Larger|
The National Hockey League’s fourth annual Winter Classic, the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic, was the first played under the lights in prime time. On January 1, 2011, in front of 68,111 fans who packed Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, the Washington Capitals defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins, 3-1.
The NHL-MeiGray Group Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program is proud to offer fans and collectors across the globe the opportunity to own a piece of history … the actual jersey worn by #87 Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins during the first period of this historic event.
This navy vintage w/C jersey is a Size 56 and is registered into the NHL-MeiGray Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program as number H05929.
The Capitals honored their past by wearing white with red and blue jerseys they wore when the franchise was founded in 1974-75. Affixed to the right shoulder of each jersey is the 2011 NHL Winter Classic patch.
The Penguins honored their past by wearing a navy jersey with powder blue and beige accents that reflected several designs from their early years. The jersey’s striping and number font, and uniquely designed crest conjured memories of their inaugural season, 1967-68. The navy and powder blue colors paid tribute to several jersey designs from the 1970s. Affixed to the right breast of each jersey is the 2011 NHL Winter Classic patch.
Here’s what’s up for bid from the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic:
· 19 jerseys worn by the Penguins during the first period. The jersey worn in the first period by Craig Adams was presented to the Hockey Hall of Fame.
· 19 jerseys worn by the Capitals during the first period. The jersey worn in the first period by Jeff Schultz was presented to the Hockey Hall of Fame.
· The 2 jerseys prepared for Penguins players who did not play in the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic.
· The 7 jerseys prepared for Capitals players who did not play in the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic.
· The first puck with the unique 2011 NHL Winter Classic logo dropped to start the first period of the Classic and used until the game’s first stoppage, at 1:28 of the first period.
· 8 additional game-used pucks (3 more from the first period, one from the second period, and 4 from the third period) with the unique 2011 NHL Winter Classic logo used in the game.
· Four pucks with the unique 2011 Winter Classic logo used to score the four goals in the game.
· 8 practice pucks with the unique 2011 NHL Winter Classic logo used by the Penguins during their practice at Heinz Field on December 31, 2010.
· 8 practice pucks with the unique 2011 NHL Winter Classic logo used by the Capitals during their practice at Heinz Field on December 31, 2010.
Each item was authenticated by an NHL-MeiGray Group Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program director at Heinz Field immediately after it was used. Each jersey has been security-tagged, serial-numbered, and registered into the NHL-MGG Population Report.
The teams each wore four sets of jerseys during the 2011 NHL Winter Classic, one in the team photo and warmup, and one in each of the three periods.
|To prevent fraudulent bidding, we require a valid MasterCard, Visa or American Express credit card to place a bid on any auction item. The credit card will be automatically processed to pay for the auction item if you are the successful auction winner.|
Shipping cost for this item is:
|For customer service inquiries, please contact:|